UPDATE: A New high places App in Your Apple & android App Store is AN EASY way to CONTACT US ABOUT bookING the theater!
just search for "high places community church" in the store. news, calendar, and booking is all in one place. It's free - Check it out!
Reserving The Historic Grove Theater
Dozens of user groups reserve the theater every year. As you might imagine, it can be difficult to create a schedule that meets everyone's individual needs. We work hard to meet each need as it arises. For booking and holding a successful event, we recommend:
1. First, check the facility calendar below. Don't immediately assume that just because something is written on the date you want to use the facility that it is completely unavailable. Look at each event to determine its actual start and finish times, or try to figure how much of the space the group might be taking. For example, a symphony concert may require the entire building, while a string rehearsal may only need a single room.
2. Once you feel confident about your date, send an email to Joshua who currently handles booking for the theater. Here's a link to his email: BOOK THE THEATER
3. Just because the date is open, doesn't necessarily mean your event is a given, so hold off on printing flyers or making announcements until confirmed. Often, staff is aware of items that don't immediately appear on the calendar, such as a request that is under-review.
4. On receiving a potential green light for your event, you will be scheduled a facility orientation meeting with a member of staff, especially if you are a first time user of the space. In the meeting, we will fill out paperwork and review building procedures such as thermostats, lights, and clean-up. Your slot will be formally confirmed upon completion of the meeting and added to the calendar.
5. As the day of your scheduled event approaches, it is always a good idea to check with staff once more as a friendly reminder. With the building receiving so much use, we often have to go through the day or two prior to make sure sound & lights are wired and ready and someone is scheduled to open up the building.
That's it! Remember that part of our vision is creating a shared space so be flexible, be patient, and be respectful to staff and property as we work with you on your event. We're on this journey together; our destination is a brighter tomorrow by celebrating community and building trust.